Stain removal tips come in handy, but they are essential if you own a cat. You can use all the help you can get, on how to remove cat urine and odor. It seeps through the carpet, into the padding, and down to the floor below.
It gives your home a very unpleasant aroma. It has one of the strongest odors that you will experience in your house. This tip will only work if you act quickly, while it is still fresh. After it has time to dry into your carpet, it will be very difficult to remove, without the help of a professional carpet cleaner.
You need more than stain removal tips because you also have to learn how to remove the odor. A clean carpet that still smells is not going to work.
1.) Tips for Cleaning Cat Urine on Carpet
When cleaning cat urine, all traces of the odor must be removed, because if the scent remains the cat will pee in the same area again. Once it has soaked in and dried, it is very difficult to remove the odor.
Here is the step-by-step guide:
- First, blot up as much urine as possible with an old towel or paper towel. The more urine you can get out before it dries the easier it will be to remove the odor.
- Rinse with clean water and blot dry.
- Next, pour baking soda on the area while it is still damp and let it dry. Baking soda is very good as a carpet stain remover, and it also removes the odor.
- Vacuum up when it is dry.
- You can make a cleaning solution of 1/3 peroxide and 2/3 water and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- The fizzing action will help to get out the stain.
- Blot up as much as you can and rinse with clean water.
2.) How to Clean Cat Urine From Hardwood Floors?
- Cat urine can cause a hardwood floor to rot, so take care of it quickly.
- Blot with paper towels and wash the area with white vinegar.
- Rinse with warm water.
Also read: Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
3.) Tips to Clean Fruit Juice Stains
Fruit juice stains are very common on carpets. These helpful cleaning tips will help you get the stain out. Juice stains are very difficult to remove, and once it dries in it is more difficult to clean.
Almost all fruit juice contains sugar, which in liquid form is sticky. Warm water can help dissolve the sugar, cleaning carpet spot which makes it easier to blot up. If allowed to dry, it becomes more difficult to remove.
If it is already dried in, try these steps.
- Mix a 1/4 teaspoon dishwashing liquid in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Blot the stain with the solution. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Blot dry with paper towels. You may have to rinse and blot, several times, to get the stain out.
If it still does not come out, blot the stain with a mixture of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups of warm water. Rinse well with warm water. Blot dry with paper towels. If all of these steps do not work, it’s time to call a carpet cleaning professional.
4.) Get Chocolate Stains out of Carpet
When chocolate melts on your carpet, quick action is needed for chocolate stain removal. Try not to give it time to soak in. There are 2 types of chocolates; milk and dark, and two different types of stains.
- For milk chocolate, blot the stain with cold water. If water alone does not get out the stain, blot with mild laundry detergent and water. If the stain is still in the carpet, add a few drops of ammonia to the solution. Rinse with water.
- Blot dry with paper towels. For dark chocolate, follow the same steps. If the stain does not come out, mix white vinegar with detergent and water. Blot on the stain. Rinse with water.
If all this fails, blot the stain with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Flush the area with club soda and blot dry with paper towels. Do not rub the carpet when cleaning it, because it may make it worse.
- Use a liquid detergent solution. Mix 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Follow with 1 tablespoon ammonia in a 1/2 cup of water. Blot dry with paper towels.
5.) Clean Grass Stains from Carpet
Most people reach for one of those commercial spot-treatment products when they get a grass stain removal on the carpet. Not all stains are the same. Different methods have to be used for each type of stain.
Some of the spot-cleaning products actually make stains worse. Many professional carpet cleaners will be happy to give you advice if you ask them.
Do not use ammonia or alkaline detergents, because it may permanently set the stain. Sponge the stain with white vinegar, and rinse with clean water.
Blot dry with paper towels. Rubbing non-gel toothpaste into the grass stain may also remove the stain. Rinse with clean water and blot dry with paper towels. For stubborn stains blot with rubbing alcohol, and wait 10 minutes. Blot with paper towels.
If you have kids it is almost impossible to avoid, ice-cream ending up on the carpet. If you act quickly, it can be cleaned quite easily. First mix one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and white vinegar with two cups of water.
Sponge the stain with the solution. Blot until the liquid is soaked up. Repeat if needed. Sponge with cold water, and blot dry with paper towels.
6.) Cleaning Carpet in your Car
Auto carpet cleaning and upholstery products are available in auto parts stores. They will work better than one of the many cleaning products that you can find in your home. Else, you also can get portable vacuums for car cleaning.
Car carpet cleaning tips
One that goes on wet, and when it dries you vacuum it up, or a wet shampoo which will also work for cleaning wet car carpet and requires a wet/dry vac for a cleanup and drying the auto carpet.
If you do not like wet car carpet cleaning and prefer to keep your carpets dry, there is also a dry vacuum cleaner available. To clean the auto upholstery completely, you need to use shampoo.
One of the shampoo tips is to go to the auto store and get some automobile carpet cleaner instead of using household cleaners. Most auto stores carry an assortment to choose from. Used with a stiff-bristled plastic brush, it should turn out very nice.
Remove Excess Water
Use it as you would on household furniture. Have a wet/dry vacuum cleaner nearby when cleaning wet automobile carpets to remove excess water and soap.
If you do not have one you can use lots of dry towels to soak up moisture. The vehicle carpets can be shampooed in the same way. Work up good leather with the plastic-bristled brush.
If they are merely spotted, you can just clean the dirty areas. Auto carpet cleaning tips can save you work by just cleaning the dirty part of the carpet. You will also have a much smaller area to dry.
Many products are designed just for spot removal and do not require water.
If you need to get a lot of moisture out of your car and you do not have a vacuum, you can drive to a self-serve car wash, and use their powerful vacuums, is one of my favorite drying tips. They are powerful and can remove wet and shampoo. You will need towels to dry inside the car.
It’s essential for you to know the stain removal tips here, especially for those with pets and kids at home. Please make sure that you should clean the stain as fast as possible before it dries especially on the carpeted floors.
With so many tips that you can apply from this article, we strongly believe that it can help you to remove pet stains from the carpet and make the carpet smell fresh again.