One of the best-selling features of a home is hardwood flooring. As a result, people are looking for the best vacuum for hardwood floors to ensure their floors are properly cared for. People love the luxurious look of hardwood floors and how easy they are to care for. This will help extend the life of the floor and keep your house looking spotless.
Cleaning your hardwood floor regularly will help prevent the build-up of dust and pet hair. Hardwood vacuums are more delicate and will not scratch up your delicate hardwood floor. These are also made to pick up all of the items on the floor, which can be very difficult for regular vacuums to do.
Quick Summary: Best Stick Vacuums for Hardwood Flooring
- Best Overall: Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum
- Best Mid-Range Option: Shark Rocket Corded Vacuum (HV302)
- Best Budget-Friendly Pick: Onson Cordless Stick Vacuum, C17
- Best For Pet Hair: Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum, 81L2A
Cleaning is already a tedious and hard task to perform, especially if you have kids. You want to be sure that you have all of the right tools to make sure that you get the job done right the first time so you can go back to enjoy the rest of the day.
If you are tired of spending time on your hands and knees, sweeping, and using the dustpan, it may be time to consider getting a vacuum to perform these tasks for you. This article will let you know the why, who and what is the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors. So stay tune…
Why Should You Use a Hardwood Vacuum?
A hardwood vacuum cleaner is an incredibly useful tool to have as part of your cleaning equipment. Here are the 3 main benefits of using this type of device:
Avoid any damages
The greatest importance is saving your hardwood floor from damage, which is very costly to repair. In order to repair scratches and scuffs, you will need to sand the hardwood floor. After sanding the wood floor, you will then need to add a new stain. Adding a new stain can take several hours, if not days, in order to dry. As a result, it would be wise to avoid scratching up your wood floor.
You may want to know: 9 Tips to Maintain the Hardwood Floors.
Great suction power
Hardwood floor vacuums are also vacuums that have probably the best suctioning power of other vacuums. This is because regular vacuums have brushes that roll to pick up embedded dirt from the fibers of a carpet, and this helps kicks up the dirt and dust into the vacuum so it does not require quite the suction that a hardwood floor vacuum would require. This is why suction is so incredibly important for use on hard floor surfaces. There is no heavy-duty brush to help pick up debris from the floor, and it relies heavily on the powerful suction to get even the most stubborn mess off of the floor.
Simple, easy, and fast!
Using a vacuum is a much quicker method of cleaning, and much easier on the body. This is a huge plus of using a vacuum. You will no longer have to get down on your hands and knees to ensure that your broom gathered up all of the mess. Then think about how hard it is to get all of that dust and dirt into the dustpan when you are finished sweeping. By using a vacuum, you can skip all of these steps, and just roll the vacuum over the mess in one easy step.
Which is the Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors?
As with anything else, it is important to get the right tool for the job in order to get it done right. This is very much true when it comes to getting the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors.
By not doing so, you will very likely ruin the hardwood floor that you have worked so hard to keep in good condition. The consequences of this failure are a very costly one and one that can easily be avoided by spending the money on a good vacuum that was made specifically with wood flooring in mind.
Following are the reviews of our top picks stick vacuums for hard floors:
1. Onson Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, C17
This cheaper cordless stick vacuum is from a less popular manufacturer, Onson. It features powerful suction with a large 2200 mAh Lithium-ion battery (that lasts longer, up to 45 minutes in eco-mode). Here are some of the notable features:
- A lightweight cleaner (5.07lbs) to clean anywhere including hard floors, carpet, and above-floor areas like walls, curtains, or ceilings (cordless convenient).
- Powerful suction – Great 100-watt suction (in MAX mode) delivers great cleaning ability.
- Quiet cleaner – Operated at lower frequencies, this noise-free vacuum let you do the cleaning anytime even at midnight
- 2-in-1 device – The cleaner can be converting to a handheld vacuum easily.
- HEPA filtration – capture almost all the small particles in the vacuum to expel a clean and fresh air environment.
- Fuss-free disposal – The dirt cup is big (1.0 liter) and can be empty it easily into the trash can.
- Wall Mount kit – Easy for charging, store and save space when not in use.
- What is included: Vacuum with several accessories including sweeping brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush, crevice tool, extra HEPA filter, and charging adapter.
So, this is the brand that able to lights up your cleaning life, and this model is very promising. If you don’t want to spend too much on Dyson, this is an affordable choice. Click here to check up the affordable price on Amazon.com now.
2. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum
As the most reliable cordless stick vacuum in the market now, this feature-rich cleaner from Dyson is absolutely compelling and the best in the cordless vacuum category. You can use it to clean any type of floor effortlessly, including hardwood floors.
Our editor rated this model as the best cordless stick vacuum for hardwood floors. The notable features include:
- Powerful suction with Dyson digital motor v10 (Most powerful of any cord-free vacuums).
- Long runtime – A cordless device with up to 60-minutes of run time using the non-motorized tool.
- Three power modes – You can choose to apply the right power mode for your cleaning needs.
- Cyclone technology – to separate the dirt from the airflow to make your house has better and fresher air.
- Fully sealed filtration system that captures 97% of particles and allergens to ensure a fresher air environment.
- Large bin – The large bin capacity of 77 liters can let you clean longer before empty it.
- 2-in-1 vacuum – Remove the wand and transform it into a hand vacuum. Use it to clean any home areas as well as cars.
- Useful attachments – two different useful floor heads, a mini motorized upholstery tool, a crevice tool, a soft dusting brush, and a combination attachment.
After all, this cleaner is a fantastic cordless vacuum, powerful, versatile, and high maneuverability make it stand out as the best lightweight vacuum that is comparable to the traditional uprights. If the price is not your concern, click here to get the Dyson V10 on Amazon.com.
3. Shark Rocket Corded Bagless Vacuum (HV302)
Shark HV302 is another reputable vacuum cleaning appliance that you can trust. You can expect it to pulls in almost all of the dirt, dust, pollen, and pet hairs on both hard floors as well as carpet.
Here are the Shark bagless vacuum, HV302 features:
- Strong suction – This is a corded vacuum with powerful suction.
- Lightweight – Product weight of just 8.2 lbs let you do the above floor cleaning at ease.
- Multiple floors cleaning – Fingertip controls let you switch between cleaning the carpet and hard floor.
- 2-in-1 cleaner – Stick vacuum that can be converted to handheld vacuum easily.
- Swivel steering – For easier control and maneuver around the furniture.
- Long cord – The 25-ft cord length is good to clean any room at one go.
- Car Detail Kit – A car tool to help you clean the car’s tiniest spaces.
- Long warranty – 5-year limited warranty.
If you prefer a corded stick vacuum, then this is one of the best options for you. Your purchase is backed by a long 5-year warranty. Click here to check out the latest price on Amazon.com.
4. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Hoover has always been a top brand in vacuum cleaners. This model is a powerful cordless stick vacuum cleaner model with WindTunnel Technology, which lets you know that you are going to get a really clean surface.
Following are the great features of this cleaner:
- It has a powerful, interchangeable 18-volt battery that is Lithium-Ion. Lithium-Ion batteries are known for having fade-free power.
- This Hoover is adjustable for your height, so you can get an item that is convenient for you to use. You can use this vacuum for both carpets and hardwood floors, by a simple switch of a button when you switch between a carpet and bare floor.
- There is a reason why this is one of the best hardwood floor vacuums. It has good suction and bristles that are easy on your floor’s surface.
- It also has edge cleaning bristles that allow you to really get those usually hard-to-get edges. The wide cleaning path allows you to get more surface cleaned.
- The controls are literally at your fingertip, which makes using the controls easy and convenient. It even has a battery fuel gauge so that you can easily see how much battery life is left.
- The dust cup is easy to remove and easy to empty directly into the trash so that you do not have to get your hands dirty. This model offers customers a 2-year warranty.
- It has a low profile base, which makes getting it underneath items like cabinets and furniture easier, and also has an extreme recline handle that allows you to get under your furniture as needed. This is absolutely an option that you should consider.
This is one of the best cordless stick vacuums for hardwood floors. You can get it on Amazon.com or read our full review for more insider info.
5. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A
Bissell has always has been an innovator in their field. This is a favorite among those who have physical limitations that need something lightweight and easy to move cleaner.
- This model has a V shape design. This unique feature allows the vacuum to direct all dirt and debris into its center suction path and the ends of this V are able to capture any small and fine debris that was unable to be redirected. This shape also allows the capability to clean around the legs of your furniture and on low pile area rugs.
- It has amazing suction that can help pick up even the most stubborn of pet hair.
- It is a very lightweight option that you will be able to easily maneuver around.
- It also has a swiveling head to help cleaning around obstacles. The dirt cup is very easy to empty and replace, which only helps to aid the convenience of this amazing machine.
- It has a 20 ft long power cord that helps you move around large rooms with ease.
- This model has a 1-year limited warranty. While it can be very awkward to use at first, it has a very functional design as you get used to it. This model is a bit difficult to get around walls and corners.
Overall, this is an amazingly powerful and lightweight corded machine for hardwood floors that would be a perfect addition to your cleaning tools. You can read our unbias review or get this vacuum on Amazon.com.
Who Needs to Use a Hardwood Vacuum?
There are many different people that can benefit from the use of a hardwood floor vacuum cleaner. This is because it is designed to have powerful suction for hardwood floor surfaces. Here are some people that would benefit from using a hard floor vacuum cleaner:
Hardwood Floor Owners
This is the obvious group that would benefit from a hardwood floor vacuum. As previously mentioned, hardwood floor vacuums are made specifically for hardwood floors. As a result, they will lack the brushes that will scrape up your floor, which will prevent damage that would occur if a regular vacuum cleaner was used.
Tile Floor Users
With most tile floors, you will not have to worry about using a specialty vacuum like a hardwood floor vacuum to prevent scratches on the tile’s surface. However, tile floors are very durable, and you will not have to worry as much about the floor being scratched up.
Hardwood floor vacuums typically have amazing suction in order to get all the dirt, dust, and pet hair off of the hardwood floor. This fact makes it a great option for those using any hard floor surface.
You may also like to read: Best stick vacuum for tile floors.
People Who Want to Save Time
As great as hardwood floors are for aesthetics and for people with allergies that can act up due to the dust and substances that get trapped in a carpet, it can be very hard to clean it on a regular basis.
Previously, people would opt to use a simple broom and dustpan to pick up all types of dirt, dust, and other debris off of their floor. This can be very time-consuming. A specialized vacuum can help you save your precious time and get back to enjoying your family.
People with Physical Limitations
As already mentioned, the previous way to clean hard floor surfaces was by using a broom and dustpan. If you have a bad back, or older and have difficulty getting on your hands and knees, using a broom and dustpan can be a very difficult and even a very painful task. By using a vacuum, you can save your back and knees from having to use the broom and dustpan.
If you are one of the user groups, then it’s advisable to get a reliable hardwood vacuum, and you can choose any one of our top picks above. Else, it is crucial to do your research to pick the right vacuum for your home.
Do you want something that you can use under the furniture? Do you want an option that can be used on both carpets and bare flooring? Do you want something that can deep clean as well as a vacuum? These are all things that you want to think about when you are choosing a vacuum cleaner for your home.
It is an investment and you want to make sure that you invest wisely. When you consider the costs, investing in a good stick vacuum for wood flooring is still much cheaper than the cost of resurfacing and re-staining when you scratch it up.