In the “hard-to-find-properly” vacuum market, Shark vacuum still survives and confirms its position in consumers with the advanced design and technology. These leading features help to increase your cleaning performance at a reasonable cost.
So, here’s the round-up that synthesizes, summarizes the 7 best shark vacuums that are trusted to use and love by users. Therefore, you can compare and make the precious decision for picking the best shark vacuum.
We also keep updating the top shark vacuum models through time. And this is really a truthful review that does not only talk about the strength but also the weakness of each shark vacuum. You won’t regret reading this.
- Top 7 Best Shark Vacuum Reviews
- #1: Best Seller – Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional (NV356E)
- The Benefits of Using Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
- There is one drawback:
- #2: Top Choice – Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)
- The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 Benefits
- The Cons of this vacuum model:
- #3: Best Budget – Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106)
- The Advantages of Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum SV1106
- The Things That Need to Improve
- #4: Best 2-in-1 – Shark Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum (HV302)
- The Benefits You Can Expect from Shark Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum (HV302)
- Some of the Disadvantages:
- #5: Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum
- The Great Benefits of Shark Rotator NV752
- Things need to improve:
- #6: Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Stick Vacuum (HV322)
- The Advantages of Shark Rocket TruePet Vacuum, HV322
- Here are the cons of the vacuum:
- #7: Shark Navigator Deluxe (NV42)
- The Pros of Shark Navigator Deluxe NV42:
- Some of the drawbacks:
- Which Factors Affect To Your Cleaning Result?
- Vacuum Maintenance Plan
Advantage of Shark Vacuum
You may ask yourself why you should choose shark vacuum but other vacuum brands. Shark vacuum has many advantages to beat its competitors.
- Budget price: as same as quality, the price is always the priority factor that makes you confused when choosing a new product. And with price ascendant, almost all products in the top 7 shark vacuum have a price range under $300, a perfect budget to experience the high-quality, durable and great warranty vacuum.
- Long cord and cordless design: no more worry about carrying the heavy vacuum around your house with super long cord or cordless shark vacuum models. These features are one of the most advantages that you can look for to own a shark vacuum.
- Never loses suction technology: if your vacuum used to lose suction and make you feel a headache because the dirt and dust clogged at filters or bags. You will relieve to experience this unique technology from Shark. You are able to use the shark vacuum all year without anxiety it will lose suction by dust or debris stuck inside
Choosing the best shark vacuum is not hard like you thought, just think about what you need right now and pick the one that is most appropriate to your demand.
We don’t only list the top 7 Shark vacuums but also categorized them into groups that base on everything you’re struggling with: the pet hair stay on the sofa, bed, car from your pet; the carpet that got stained or dirty; your luxury hardwood floor… So, what are you looking for?
Top 7 Best Shark Vacuum Reviews
This is the best-picked shark vacuum that has the most compliments from numerous experts and users. It’s a perfect choice for who want the highest efficiency for cleaning chores and need the multi-vacuum that can perform excellently in various type of surfaces. Finally, it is also an affordable vacuum that can use for a long time but not broken after 1-2 years.
- Hardwood floor
- Pet hair
- Bare floor
This Shark Lift-Away NV356E upright vacuum has fitted almost all of consumer requests and tests to become the best shark vacuum that you should own. Except for the good price, this vacuum has many things to love:
- Super cleaning with HEPA filters & Anti-Allergen Complete Seal
For those who don’t know, the HEPA filter is the most efficient filter that can capture almost fine dust and allergen up to 99.97%. Besides, it has antibacterial features for use in high pollution areas. That means this filter can keep every dust, allergen in your house, room, and air. Keep your space clean and totally suitable for those who have allergies.
The Shark Navigator NV356E provides anti-allergen complete seal technology + HEPA filter support your highest cleaning efficiency. This is can better help to traps the dust and allergens inside the vacuum itself.
- Maintenance your vacuum durability and cleaning power with Never Loses Suction Technology
This will save you tons of time and money in the future for fixing the lose-suction vacuum. This technology also helps increase the lifespan of the Shark NV356E.
- Extremely productive when maneuvering on hardwood floors
Thanks to the dust-away attachment, now you can gently vacuum your hardwood floors in the absence of anxiety scratching the floors like other vacuums. In addition, the Shark NV356E helps you clean the big crumbs and the carpets without worn your rugs.
- Pet lover vacuum
And if you’re a pet lover who is finding a gentle vacuum to clean all the pet hair easily, the premium pet hair attachment of this vacuum will satisfy you. Happy news for those who are in trouble with pet hair (even long hair) and debris.
- Specially use for stair and furniture
With an individual part using a vacuum, the Shark NV36E allows cleaning the hard-to-reach area like furniture, small corner, under beds, and stairs. No more worry about carrying the heavy vacuum around the house with this lightweight and portable Shark vacuum.
There is one drawback:
- The 30-feet power cord is long but it’s not auto-rewind, you need to wrap it manually.
#2: Top Choice – Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)
- Pet hair
- Bare floor
- Hardwood floor
The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 Benefits
- Very quiet and amazing cleaning performance
The Shark NV501 received a high rating about how excellent it’s able to clean the carpet and bare floor. With a wide cleaning path of 11.5 inches and powerful suction, it can easily beat even the expensive vacuum cleaners. The motor maneuver in an ultra-quiet way gives consumers a better cleaning experience.
- Equipped various tools for versatile usage
This vacuum cleaner is able to be used as both upright and canister vacuum in different types of cleaning tasks. While each vacuum cleaner type can implement each other weaknesses and achieve excellent cleaning results. Furthermore, The Shark NV501 included numerous extended tools for use on different surfaces.
The high-pile carpet, hardwood floors that used to be a problem in the past now can be cleaned easier. Besides, the Shark NV501 also included the HEPA filtration system that can seal up to 99.97% of dust and allergens in the air and leave a fresh atmosphere in your house.
- Diverse cleaning options
The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 model provides a very long cord to 30 feet so you can avoid wasting time to plug in/out often. The swivel steering is easy to handle the obstacles or hard-to-reach spaces like under bed, table, cabinet, and furniture. Besides, the power nozzle with LED headlights enables cleaning the dark spaces that you usually miss.
- Very durable and easy maintenance
By using the HEPA filters that can be reused and washable, this vacuum is very easy to maintain without wasting money to buy the replacement one. Moreover, with a 5-year trouble-free warranty, you can feel free to use this vacuum for many years.
The Cons of this vacuum model:
- Not work well in high-pile carpets
- No cord retracting
The Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum, SV1106 is a budget-friendly, lightweight, and versatile cleaner that is worth owning for fast cleaning tasks. You can enjoy their cordless advantages but the battery life and working life are the consideration point.
- Hardwood floors.
- Tile and bare floor.
- Very cheap and simple to run
This vacuum is extremely affordable compared to all benefits you receive from it. In the limited budget, shark sv1106 is a bargain indeed. Moreover, if you’re too busy learning to use the advanced features and technology, this vacuum can handle it because it’s uncomplicated and handy for operating.
- Space-saving with a cordless and lightweight model
Many vacuums are too cumbrous which makes your cleaning task even more tired than using the mop. Especially, when you have limited space for storing a vacuum. Space-saving is the best thing you can enjoy with the shark SV1106. Furthermore, cordless design makes the cleaning process effortless than ever.
- Strong suction and cleaning ability
If you’re still confused and think a cheap vacuum cleaner can’t work then you’re wrong. The shark sv1106 is able to operate well on hardwood floors, pet hair, carpet, tile, and bare floors as well as any costly vacuum cleaners. Its cleaning power is indubitable. It can even clean the large debris and corners easily with the large head brush and swirly.
- Battery life up to 20-30 minutes
Equally with Dyson Ball vacuum running time with the price is much more affordable.
The Things That Need to Improve
As we said before, this vacuum is super cheap, so that means it’s not flawless. It has several problems that you should consider carefully before buying. If these weaknesses don’t matter to you, this vacuum is absolutely perfect for choosing.
- Short Lifespan
There’s no doubt about the shark 1106 cleaning efficiency. But you can’t look for a machine that costs under $100 but run exactly like $500. That’s impossible. Accept the reality. The clear difference is product lifespan. While a high-end vacuum can work for at least 5 years, the cheap vacuum is only built to run for few months to 2 years. And then it’s broken or stops working.
You will have to replace some parts or buy a new one. This shark vacuum is not an exception. The shark company only gives it a 1-year warranty (warranty time is usually the time that your machine can maneuver smoothly without errors). Sorry for being negative, but we just tell the truth. Think twice before picking a cheap vacuum.
This machine is noisy because of its specific upright model. But that’s not a big problem because the fact is almost upright vacuum comes with the noisy maneuver.
#4: Best 2-in-1 – Shark Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum (HV302)
This corded stick vacuum can be easily converted to a hand vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning, stair and under furniture as well as cleaning the car interior. You can enjoy many benefits from having this budget cleaner from Shark.
- Hardwood Floor
- Car interior
- Stairs and furniture
The Benefits You Can Expect from Shark Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum (HV302)
- Deep Clean Your Carpet
With the specific rocket technology, the Shark HV302 enables you to clean all the dirt and debris on your carpet without ruin it.
- Flexible Navigate Everywhere
The swivel steering and versatile design give this vacuum a very flexible way to operate to every corner nooks and crannies in your house or apartment. It can also be easy to turn from an upright model to a portable model in order to help you clean floor-to-ceiling. Besides, the portable type saves a lot of space to store in-house after cleaning.
- Super Lightweight
As we said before, you will need a compact vacuum to handle the furniture in your house. And this vacuum only weighs 7.6 pounds to use. Absolutely appropriate for your demand.
- Amazing Efficiency on Picking Pet Hair
If you have owned pets, this vacuum can work unbelievably in cleaning up the pet hair/ dander around your house with support from pet upholstery tools and attachments.
- Included Home and Car Detail Kit
If you want to clean the car interior, this tool is ideal as you can use the car kit to help you better clean the car.
Some of the Disadvantages:
- Not cordless
- Lack of LED headlights
#5: Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum
The Shark Lift-Away provides a unique design to meet all consumer needs. And in this product line, the Shark NV752 stands out and shines as the 3-in-1 powerful vacuum that helps you cleaning as fast as ever. So, let find out it is worth buying or not.
- Pet hair
- Hardwood floor
The Great Benefits of Shark Rotator NV752
- Amazing under furniture and hard-to-reach areas cleaning
The big advantage when using upright vacuum cleaners is they have amazing suction to keep your house as clean as ever. But the big problem is they have really cumbrous and vertical design even the small and light one). It means you will get many annoy when cleaning under furniture, ceiling, cabinet and the hard-to-reach areas.
But with the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away vacuum, you don’t have to bend, remove furniture and stuff while cleaning the house anymore. The easy-to-transform 3 vacs-in-one included upright, canister, and powered lift-way allow you to clean any type of surface, furniture, and even the tight spaces.
- Easy to move in any direction
With advanced dynamic swivel steering when cleaning around your sofas, tables, couches, and other obstacles.
- Vacuuming dark and unseen spaces due to LED lights on the vacuum head
You usually leave the dark and hard-to-see area such as under bed, cabinet. But now with the LED lights high-end function from Shark NV752, all the dirt, and dust in these spaces will be cleared away. Don’t surprise when you see how dirty they are.
- Various use, all you need in one vacuum
High and low-pile carpet, hardwood floors, upholstery, pet hair are no longer a big deal with Shark NV752. It works excellently on multiple surfaces with innovative cleaning functions and necessary attachments like pet brushes and hardwood genie attachments. Furthermore, this shark vacuum provides a strong suction and HEPA filter to traps 99.9% of dust and allergens in the air, keep your house clean and fresh.
- Durable to work for many years
Just pay once and get your house clean for long years. The Shark NV752 is really worth buying.
- Affordable than other high-end vacuum cleaners
With the many advanced features and benefits you can get from this Shark vacuum cleaner, no one can beat its price.
Things need to improve:
- Short hose only 7 ft
- No cord rewind feature
#6: Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Stick Vacuum (HV322)
- Pet hair
- Ceiling, bookcase, stairs, and furniture
- Bare floor and carpet
- Under the bed or hard-to-reach and see areas
The Advantages of Shark Rocket TruePet Vacuum, HV322
- Amazing performance to get rid of pet hair
You’re in trouble when your lovely pet is shedding fur and hair exist everywhere in the house. Sometimes, they flew into your nose and injure your health… But, with Shark Rocket HV322, you will receive the best result of cleaning all the pet hair on every corner and space due to the wonderful suction and double-size dust cup. Keep the love for both your pet and your health with this great vacuum cleaner.
Another reason you can’t miss this vacuum is how compact and convenient it is. It weighs only 8.6 pounds to handle unlike other cumbrous vacuum cleaners, which takes a lot of your sweat and effort to use and carry around.
- Flexible and easy to steer through any obstacles
Due to the professional swivel steering, the Shark Rocket HV322 allows easy cleaning under the bed, bookcase, furniture, ceiling, or any hard-to-reach spaces that used to make it difficult to clean up
- Unbelievable deep cleaning carpet ability
Carpet is always the most difficult part of the cleaning task because the fine dust and debris usually get stuck inside the pile. And some normal vacuums are unable to clean that area. However, this Shark vacuum is the best choice for carpet deep cleaning. It has the ability to give you the cleanest carpet ever by powerful suction to trap all the dirt and dust inside your carpet.
- Versatile usage
The Shark HV322 can transform easily from an upright to a portable model. Not only use for bare floors, this vacuum is also able to clean your car, stairs as a handheld vacuum with transformative features. A multi-vacuum can save a lot of your money from buying other vacuums to finishing different types of cleaning jobs. Just all you need in one vacuum.
- Included LED headlights
The LED headlights in the head brush for easily clean the dark zones is another great advantage of this cleaner. You can see clearly where need to clean.
Here are the cons of the vacuum:
- It has a small design so if you have a big house, we recommend another larger vacuum such as…
- The portable part is a little bit heavy to carry than other handheld vacuums.
- Bare floor
- Pet Hair
- Superior cleaning carpet result
The Shark NV42 can keep your carpet as clean as new by removing all the dirty debris and dust even high-pile carpet. It provides amazing suction to perform as well as any high-end vacuum that costs even triple the price.
- Versatile operation for pet hair and bare floors
This vacuum received numerous compliments from experts and consumers on how well it’s able to dismiss the dog/ cat hair out of furniture, carpet, and stuff. The bare floor cleaning is also zero problems with the Shark NV42.
- Included to 3 filters for collecting the dust
So even though it doesn’t have the HEPA filtration, your house’s still clean for sure.
- Durable and cheap
Even it’s an affordable vacuum, the Shark NV42 is prepared with the patented technology to keep it lasting for a long time without worry the dust of hair gets clogged and makes your vacuum cleaner lose suction.
What else to love:
- Never Loses Suction Technology
- Brushroll shutoff
- Included 5.55’’ creative tool
- Long hose and cord to carry around your house.
Some of the drawbacks:
- Heavy than another model so it can work well on carpet. But the stairs or the area that needs movement will be a little hard to use and need more of your effort.
- No swivel steering for flexible cleaning under furniture or around obstacles.
Which Factors Affect To Your Cleaning Result?
1. Type of Vacuum
There is plenty type of vacuum cleaners out there to choose from. Each one has different strengths and weaknesses to use and avoid.
2. Bagged or Bagless
Each vacuum cleaner has a particular type of dust container. Some use bag to store the dirt and dust while some vacuum has dust cup (bagless type):
- The bagless type uses a dust cup to store dusting so you don’t have to buy the extra bag when using it. The dust cup is easily empty and disassembles even though the dust can leave a mess if you don’t empty it carefully.
- The bagged type uses the required bag to store. After cleaning, you just pick the bag out and throw it to the trash bin and replace the new one, very sanitary and fast. You can buy the plastic, fabric, or paper bag depend on your budget and need. Although the fabric bag has a higher price, it’s very durable. Oppositely, the plastic bag has a low price and is clean, but fragile when using.
3. Dust Capacity
The vacuum has a large dust capacity can be cumbrous to use. But, the small one makes the cleaning process interrupt because you have to empty or replace the dust cup/ bag. That’s why you should choose a vacuum that can combine both large dust capacity and lightweight features.
4. Suction Power
Power suction shows the suction ability of the vacuum cleaner. When choosing a vacuum, you need to check its powerful suction, the higher power suction means it can clean up your house stronger.
Most people don’t like the noise product, which makes you feel annoyed and headache. So you should prioritize the vacuum cleaner which has a low noise level, no more 77dB.
6. Type of Filters
A HEPA filter is the best filter nowadays with is able to trap up to 99.7% of dust and allergens. Moreover, it has antimicrobial feature can use to vacuum refine in pollution area. The vacuums that use HEPA filters are suitable for those who have allergies and asthma.
7. Swivel Head
The vacuum has swivel steering is easy to clean the hard to reach areas like under the bed, under car, and is simple to navigate in tight spaces.
8. Height Adjustment
The height adjustment is also an important factor that affects your cleaning result. The vacuum has long hose can easily vacuuming the high area like window and stairs without too bulky for handle
This is the most important factor when choosing a vacuum cleaner. Not all expensive vacuums work well and not all cheap vacuum cleaners are junk. You can easily find the one that fits both quality and price if looking carefully.
The extended tools are helpful to cleaning specific places like carpet, pet hair, and furniture. Basing on what you are looking for, you should buy a vacuum cleaner that included the right attachment.
Vacuum Maintenance Plan
Don’t forget to clean your vacuum part frequently to keeping the vacuum durable and effective. This is the maintenance schedule that the manufacturers advise you to follow:
- Dust cup: you should clean up the dust cup every time using the vacuum. Meanwhile, if you don’t have time, you should empty it after 3-time cleaning.
- Pre-motor foam filter: clean and air dry after using 3 months. In case you are using the vacuum often, the time for cleaning the filter is shorter. Notice that the foam filter can cause a loss of suction if you don’t clean it often.
- Pre-motor felt filter: rinse and air dry after using normally 3 months.
- Post-motor HEPA filter: you should clean it every 2 years or anytime you want.
The 7 best shark vacuums with reviews include both pros and cons of the top shark vacuum in the market. Every vacuum cleaner has its own strength and weakness and basing on the budget and your demand, picking the right one is not difficult anymore.
Even though which vacuum you are selecting, the most important things are your house can look clean and fresh, right? Choose the vacuum wisely according to your budget and cleaning needs.