Anyone who has a car knows how easily they can become untidy when they are used for day-to-day activities. Mud, grass, gravel and food crumbs are some of the typical findings on the floor of an average car.
Even people who take great care to prevent their car becoming unclean will unintentionally transfer undesirable materials into their car on their feet. One of the best ways to keep your car clean inside is to buy a best portable car vacuum cleaner and there is a great selection of these available on the market right now.
This handy little device will make cleaning out your car so much easier and leave a much better finish than attempting to clean the car with a brush, shovel, and cloth. Using a car vacuum is the effortless way to remove debris from the interior of a car and is probably also the quickest method to use.
Best car vacuum cleaners are designed for anyone who takes pride in their vehicle and wants to give it the best clean possible. Any car owner can use these simple devices to make their car a cleaner and healthier way to travel as they go about their daily business.
- Top 7 Portable Vacuums for Car
- 1. Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum
- 2. BLACK + DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum, CHV1410L
- 3. Armor All, AA255 Wet/dry Vacuum
- 4. BLACK + DECKER Handheld Vacuum, BDH2000PL
- 5. Eureka EasyClean Lightweight Handheld Vacuum, 71B
- 6. Dirt Devil Hand Vacuum Cleaner SD20005RED
- 7. Hoover Air Cordless Bagless Handheld Vacuum, BH52160PC
- What to Consider Before Buying A Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner?
- Final Verdict and Our Picks
Top 7 Portable Vacuums for Car
If you are finding the product information and specifications confusing, then reading reviews can help you to decide which the best car vacuum available are. These will compare the different features of a product and highlight the pros and the cons of each of the top rated car vacuums.
1. Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless stick vacuum is a lightweight and portable cleaner that allows you to perfect clean your entire home from floor to ceiling including car. It picks up dirt and pet hair from your carpets and hard floors. It also uses easily under furniture and any hard to reach areas for clean.
This vacuum comes with Dyson digital motor V7 that is more powerful and faster than the conventional motor. This digital motor can captures more fine dirt as it’s 75% more brush power than Dyson V6 cord free vacuum.
The Dyson V7 comes with 2-Tier Radial Cyclones that able to increase the airflow and capture more dust and pollens. If you need to empty the bin, just push a button to bottom emptying it hygienically.
Another thing that makes the cleaner outstanding performer is that can be simply converted into a handheld tool. It can be clean difficult places, perform quick clean up and spot cleaning including car cleaning. It ensures your overall home is clean and makes your home environment more comfortable.
- A portable (cord-free) with powerful Dyson digital motor V7
- Up to 30-minutes runtime (using non-motorized tool)
- Motorized cleaner head- clean carpets, hard and soft surfaces
- Converts to handheld mode for cleaning car, stairs and sofa’s
- Lightweight, very ergonomic and hygienic emptying the bin with just push of a button.
- Cleaning using the high-suction mode the battery will last about 10 minutes. It takes about 3.5 hours to fully recharge the battery.
- It’s little over priced but the Dyson is well-known with their reputation of producing quality cleaning products.
2. BLACK + DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum, CHV1410L
Although the practical applications of this product are likely to be your main concern, it has to be noted that this car vacuum has a rather appealing design. It is lightweight and easy to control using just one hand.
One of the major benefits is its ease of use. The nozzle is slim and also rotates. This means that you can get right into all the nooks and crannies to reach the areas that are sometimes difficult to clean, such as down the sides of the seats. There is an extension included and this reduces the need for constant bending, so it is a good choice for people with back problems.
Another important point is that this is one of the powerful hand vacuums available so it gives a through clean and sucks up the dirt that the eye can’t see. The cyclonic action helps to keep the power strong and the filter clean.
It is unlikely to run out mid-clean either because lithium-ion long-life battery can hold a charge for up to 18 months. Plus, this device uses Smart Charge Technology and this uses up to 50 percent less energy.
You know when the vacuum needs emptying as the design features a translucent, bagless dirt bowl so you can easily see when the bowl is full.
- Impressive suction power with Cyclonic action hand vacuum but this is a battery operated vacuum.
- Large dust bowl of 20.6 ounces and it’s washable.
- Affordable hand vacuum for fast cleaning including car.
- It comes with 2-year limited warranty.
- The charger/battery of this vacuum seems to have issues. In fact, this is the major issue faced by cordless cleaners.
- Less effective on carpets especially if you want to pick up the pet hairs.
3. Armor All, AA255 Wet/dry Vacuum
If you are looking for a multi-functional vacuum that you can use for a range of household cleaning tasks and to also clean your car, then this vacuum is potentially the ideal solution.
It has a range of tools and nozzles for specific cleaning tasks that you can easily interchange as and when you need. These include a crevice tool, a blower nozzle, a 2-in-1 utility nozzle and a detail brush. There is onboard storage for the hose and accessories, so you don’t need to worry about finding somewhere safe to keep all the accessories.
Not only can this vacuum handle both wet and dry pick-up, it also easily converts to a blower. You can use this for drying wheels, car grills or motorcycles. There are very few vacuums on the market that offer this feature.
Another fantastic feature is the automatic shut-off that detects the fill limit and prevents overflow. While some car vacuums are noisy, this isn’t a problem with this model. It is very quiet and efficient to use because of the built-in noise and air diffuser.
This device has good reach as the cord is 10 feet long and the hose measures 6 feet. With the attachment of the tools, the overall reach is over 17 feet. This means that although you plug into the mains socket inside your home, you can easily reach your car and clean all areas.
- Ability to handle both wet and dry pickup (unlimited uses).
- A lightweight and portable cleaner with handle to carry away.
- Converts to a blower to dry any parts as necessary.
- Various accessories included to clean the car interior faster.
- It comes with 2-year warranty.
- The power cord of about 10-feet is a bit short and hence extension cord maybe needed.
- Not enough room to keep all the attachments in the accessory storage.
4. BLACK + DECKER Handheld Vacuum, BDH2000PL
The key feature of this vacuum that sets it apart from its competitors is the lithium technology it uses. Not only does this give the device great suction, it also prevents the power from fading when in use. The latter is a niggle that many consumers complain about when using hand held vacuums.
The pivoting nozzle means that despite the compact size, the vacuum can deliver a huge amount of power. The nozzle is the perfect tool for cleaning out all the crevices in the car. The pivoting action means the nozzle does all the work without you having to become a contortionist to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Other point worth noting is that this model has a 3-stage filtration system and the cyclonic action of this vacuum spins all the dirt, debris and dust away from the filter. As a result, the suction power remains strong.
It is easy to keep this vacuum clean and this is important if you want it to continue working well.
5. Eureka EasyClean Lightweight Handheld Vacuum, 71B
The strong suction of this model is fantastic for giving your car upholstery a thorough clean and the risor visor allows you to do each surface. The stretch hose is also useful for getting into all the difficult to reach areas of your car.
At just 4.8 pounds, this vacuum is lightweight and this means it is easy to use and carry to your car. The 20-foot cord gives the vacuum an overall reach of 23 feet, including the length of the hose. The cord is easily wrapped for when you are storing the vacuum.
There are two separate motors on this model. One is for the suction and the other is to power the revolving brush. There is total power of 5.5 Amps and this is plenty of power for the task of cleaning your car.
The filter is very durable and heavy-duty. Furthermore, it is easy to remove, clean and then reattach. The crevice tool is another feature that is easy to attach and doesn’t fall off when in use like you will find with some other models.
6. Dirt Devil Hand Vacuum Cleaner SD20005RED
The compact and lightweight design makes this model easy to use and store away. At less than 4 pounds, cleaning your car or furniture is effortless. This is also a bagless model, so there are no problems with adding bags and making a mess when emptying the vacuum. Even though it is lightweight, it comes supplied with a shoulder strap and this makes cleaning even easier.
There is a 16-foot cord supplied and you can use the vacuum while it is plugged in inside your home, or take it outside to clean out your car. The length of the cord means you can clean your car from all angles quite easily if you are parked within 16 feet of a power supply.
It includes a crevice tool that is ideal for cleaning out small spaces, so you can clean down the sides of your car seats and in difficult spots, such as the mechanisms under the seat where lots of dust and dirt gather. The crevice tool easily flips down from the main body of the vacuum when you need to use it and then flips back when you are hoovering larger spaces.
This is one of the most powerful models manufactured by Dirt Devil at 7 Amps. This gives great suction that picks up all types of dirt, dust, and debris from within your car.
7. Hoover Air Cordless Bagless Handheld Vacuum, BH52160PC
The Hoover Air Cordless, BH52160PC is a super lightweight, and portable handheld vacuum cleaner that offers you to clean various surfaces like carpets, hard floors, stairs, furniture etc. It uses very powerful 20-volt lithium battery that creates strong suction for efficient remove pet hair, dirt and debris from entire home.
This vacuum is very slim that weighs less than 4 lbs and portable anywhere. It also very ergonomically designed that fit comfortably one’s hand. It comes with powerful Turbo Tool that is capable to remove pet hair from carpets, hard floors, furniture and stairs. It is fitted with a 20-volt LithiumLife battery that is interchangeable with any other product. It uses fade-free battery technology that is essential for efficient cleaning experience.
The Hoover Air, BH52160PC uses reusable filter that is fitted inside the dirt bin which is easy to remove and wash. It also can be cleaned under running water for long-lasting use. Based on overall performance, it can be the best cordless and bagless vacuum cleaner.
- Lightweight, cordless & portable – weighs less than 4 lbs
- Strong suction- great for carpets, car and stairs
- Powerful Turbo Tool to clean pet hair
- Versatile performance – use it anywhere of the home
- Powerful lithium battery for fade-free power
- Reusable easy rinse filter
You can choose any of the reviewed portable vacuum cleaners for excellent and efficient home and car cleaning.
What to Consider Before Buying A Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner?
As there are so many different car vacuums to choose from, you should take your time finding the best vacuum for auto before making your purchase. The following will help you in the decision-making process.
- Firstly, you should set yourself a budget. Decide what you are willing to spend on a car vacuum. There are some excellent cheap car vacuums available and more expensive devices that may offer better quality or more features.
- When you are looking for cordless model, remember to find out the battery life of the vacuum. There is nothing more annoying than almost completing a task and then the battery runs out, drawing your good work to a halt.
Besides that, the following are some of the important factors to consider:
1. Lightweight and Portable
Lightweight and portability is an important factor in choosing a cordless vacuum cleaner. A lightweight cleaner is easy to use and move anywhere you need to clean.
2. Powerful Suction
Powerful suction is another important consideration of high-performance vacuum cleaner. Some cordless vacuum cleaner uses powerful motor that delivers strong suction for quick clean up dirt and debris from stairs, floors, carpets, and upholstery.
3. Battery Life
You should look for is the range of the battery charge. If the cordless vacuum cleaner stores charge for a long period of time for working, this means it enhance cleaning time. You should also look at how quick the battery takes to charge.
4. Multi-Surface Cleaning Mechanism
Some cordless vacuum cleaner provides all round cleaning performance to clean hard surface to soft surface. An on/off switch for brush roll allows you to go carpets to the hard surface just flip a switch. This cleaning mechanism helps you to use a vacuum cleaner for cleaning everything you need.
5. Filter Cleanup
Some cordless vacuum cleaner has replaceable and washable filters, and a bottom release large dust cup. This bottom releases dirt cup allows you a hassle free clean up the dust cup.
Final Verdict and Our Picks
Each of these models has something different to offer and they all have strength and weaknesses. One deciding factors that may come into play when making a decision is how often you likely to clean your vehicle and how dirty it is.
- If you have a busy family life and your car gets dirty regularly, then you better opting for a car vacuum that has a long battery life, the BLACK + DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum, CHV1410L.
- However, if you do not clean the car often and want something that you can easily use around the home too, you may prefer the Eureka EasyClean Handheld Vacuum, 71B.
- If you are looking for a model that can perform as all-rounder cleaner to clean your entire home including car, go for Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum.
- Those who want a multi-functional car vacuum that has a wide range of uses should opt for the Armor All, AA255 Wet/dry Vacuum.
Overall, which portable car vacuum you choose will predominantly depend on your budget and your personal needs or preferences. Hope this article can help you to make a precise decision!