One of the best-selling features of a home is hardwood flooring. As a result, people are looking for the best vacuum for hardwood floors to ensure their floors are properly cared for. People love the luxurious look of hardwood floors and how easy they are to care for. This will help extend life of the floor, and keep your house looking spotless.
Cleaning your hardwood floor regularly will help prevent the build-up of dust and pet hair. Hardwood vacuums are more delicate and will not scratch up your delicate hardwood floor. These are also made to pick up all of items on the floor, which can be very difficult for regular vacuums to do.
Cleaning is already a tedious and hard task to perform, especially if you have kids. You want to be sure that you have all of the right tools to make sure that you get the job done right the first time so you can go back to enjoy the rest of the day.
If you are tired of spending time on your hands and knees, sweeping and using the dust pan, it may be time to consider getting a vacuum to perform these tasks for you. This article will let you know the why, who and what is best stick vacuum for hardwood floors. So stay tune…
Why Should You Use This?
A hardwood vacuum cleaner is an incredibly useful tool to have as part of your cleaning equipment. Here are some benefits for using this type of vacuum:
Avoid any damages
The biggest importance is saving your hardwood floor from damage, which is very costly to repair. In order to repair scratches and scuffs, you will need to sand the hardwood floor. After sanding the wood floor, you will then need to add a new stain. Adding a new stain can take several hours, if not days, in order to dry. As a result, it would be wise to avoid scratching up your wood floor.
Great suction power
Hardwood floor vacuums are also vacuums that have probably the best suctioning power of other vacuums. This is because regular vacuums have brushes that roll to pick up embedded dirt from the fibers of a carpet, and this help kicks up the dirt and dust into the vacuum so it does not require quite the suction that a hardwood floor vacuum would require. This is why suction is so incredibly important for use on hard floor surfaces. There is no heavy duty brush to help pick up debris from the floor, and it relies heavily on the powerful suction to get even the most stubborn mess off of the floor.
Simple, easy and fast!
Using a vacuum is a much quicker method of cleaning, and much easier on the body. This is a huge plus of using a vacuum. You will no longer have to get down on your hands and knees to ensure that your broom gathered up all of the mess. Then think about how hard it is to get all of that dust and dirt into the dustpan when you are finished sweeping. By using a vacuum, you can skip all of these steps, and just roll the vacuum over the mess in one easy step.
Which is the Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors?
As with anything else, it is important to get the right tool for the job in order to get it done right. This is very much true when it comes to getting the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors. By not doing so, you will very likely ruin the hardwood floor that you have worked so hard to keep in good condition. The consequences of this failure are a very costly one and one that can easily be avoided by spending the money on a good vacuum that was made specifically with wood flooring in mind.
Following are the reviews of our top picks stick vacuums for hard floors:
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover has always been a top brand in vacuum cleaners. This model is a powerful cordless stick vacuum cleaner model with WindTunnel Technology, which lets you know that you are going to get a really clean surface. Following are the great features of this cleaner:
- It has a powerful, interchangeable 18-volt battery that is Lithium Ion. Lithium Ion batteries are known for having fade-free power.
- This Hoover is adjustable for your height, so you can get an item that is convenient for you to use. You can use this vacuum for both carpets and hardwood floors, by a simple switch of a button when you switch between a carpet and bare floor.
- There is a reason why this is one of the best hardwood floor vacuums. It has powerful suction and bristles that are easy on your floor’s surface.
- It also has edge cleaning bristles that allow you to really get those usually hard to get edges. The wide cleaning path allows you to get more surface cleaned.
- The controls are literally at your fingertip, which makes using the controls easy and convenient. It even has a battery fuel gauge so that you can easily see how much battery life is left.
- The dust cup is easy to remove and easy to empty directly into the trash so that you do not have to get your hands dirty. This model offers customers a 2 year warranty.
- It has a low profile base, which makes getting it underneath items like cabinets and furniture easier, and also has an extreme recline handle that allows you to really get under your furniture as needed. This is absolutely an option that you should consider.
This is one of the best cordless stick vacuums for hardwood floors. You can get it at Amazon.com or read our full review for more insider info.
BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum
Bissell has always has been an innovator in its field. This is a favorite among those who have physical limitations that need something lightweight and easy to move.
- This model has a V shape design. This unique feature allows the vacuum to direct all dirt and debris into its center suction path and the ends of this V is able to capture any small and fine debris that was unable to be redirected. This shape also allows the capability to clean around the legs of your furniture and on low pile area rugs.
- It has amazing suction that can help pick up even the most stubborn of pet hair.
- It is a very lightweight option that you will be able to easily maneuver around.
- It also has a swiveling head to help cleaning around obstacles. The dirt cup is very easy to empty and replace, which only helps to aid the convenience of this amazing machine.
- It has a 20 ft. long power cord that helps you move around large rooms with ease.
- This model has a 1 year limited warranty. While it can be very awkward to use at first, it has a very function design as you get used to it. This model is a bit difficult to get around walls and corners.
Overall, this is an amazingly powerful and lightweight corded machine for hardwood floors that would be a perfect addition to your cleaning tools. You can read our unbias review or get this vacuum at Amazon.com.
Eufy HomeVac Lightweight Cordless Upright-Style Vacuum Cleaner
This cordless stick vacuum is from a less popular manufacturer, Eufy. It features good suction with large 2200 mAh Li-ion battery (that last longer, up to 50 minutes in eco mode).
- Lightweight (less than 6 pounds) and powerful suction.
- Very easy to assemble the unit and wall mounting kit can let you store and save space when not in use.
- It uses multistage air filtration – cyclonic dirt-air separation with HEPA-style air filter (not HEPA filter) delivers strong suction from beginning to end.
- Fuss free disposal – Dirt cup is big (0.9 litres) and can be empty it easily into the trash can.
- The LEDs and swivel head let you clean tables legs, corners and under furniture easier.
- Backed with 15 months limited warranty.
- This company also has amazing friendly, courteous customer service, which really wants to make sure that customers are satisfied with their product.
So, this is the brand that able to lights up your cleaning life and this model is very promising. Click here to check up the affordable price at Amazon.com now.
You may also like: Best stick vacuum for tile floors.
Who Needs to Use a Hardwood Vacuum?
There are many different people that can benefit from use of a hardwood floor vacuum cleaner. This is because it is designed to have powerful suction for hardwood floor surfaces. Here are some people that would benefit from using a hard floor vacuum cleaner:
Hardwood Floor Owners
This is the obvious group that would benefit from a hardwood floor vacuum. As previously mentioned, hardwood floor vacuums are made specifically for hardwood floors. As a result, they will lack the brushes that will scrape up your floor, which will prevent damage that would occur if a regular vacuum cleaner was used.
Tile Floor Users
With most tile floors, you will not have to worry about using a specialty vacuum like a hardwood floor vacuum to prevent scratches on the tile’s surface. However, tile floors are very durable and you will not have to worry as much about the floor being scratched up. Hardwood floor vacuums typically have amazing suction in order to get all the dirt, dust and pet hair off of the hardwood floor. This fact makes it a great option for those using any hard floor surface.
People Who Want to Save Time
As great as hardwood floors are for aesthetics and for people with allergies that can act up due to the dust and substances that get trapped in a carpet, it can be very hard to clean it on a regular basis. Previously, people would opt to use a simple broom and dustpan to pick up all types of dirt, dust, and other debris off of their floor. This can be very time consuming. A specialized vacuum can help you save your precious time and get back to enjoying your family.
People with Physical Limitations
As already mentioned, the previous way to clean hard floor surfaces was by using a broom and dustpan. If you have a bad back, or older and have difficulty getting on your hands and knees, using a broom and dustpan can be a very difficult and even a very painful task. By using a vacuum, you can save your back and knees from having to use the broom and dustpan.
If you are one of the user groups, then it’s advisable to get a reliable hardwood vacuum and you can choose any one of our top picks above. Else, it is important to do your research to pick the right vacuum for your home. Do you want something that you can use under the furniture? Do you want an option that can be used on both carpets and bare flooring? Do you want something that can deep clean as well as vacuum? These are all things that you want to think about when you are choosing a vacuum cleaner for your home.
It is an investment and you want to make sure that you invest wisely. When you consider the costs, investing in a good stick vacuum for wood flooring is still much cheaper than the cost of resurfacing and re-staining when you scratch it up.