What is a stick vacuum? It is just one type of vacuum cleaners that vary in function, power and suction capabilities and features. While most are best suited for hard floors, others can be used to do a quick cleaning of small carpet areas.
One of the best reasons why you should pick the stick vacuum cleaners is because they won’t cause back pains. It is common for cleaning individuals to have back pains that result from frequent bending and moving. When a stick vacuum is used, you don’t have to be afraid of experiencing back pains that would make you groan in so much pain.
Stick vacuums come in cordless as well as standard corded plug-in models that usually small and portable in design. The cordless models usually last for less than 30 minutes before you need to recharge the battery. If you are aiming to clean for a long time, then you may need to recharge it every now and then. Aside from this slight disadvantage, this kind of lightweight cleaner are able to give anything that you might need for it to do.
If you’re looking for a suitable and reliable stick vacuum for yourself, you’re in the right place. We have covered many popular stick or lightweight cleaners on this site in as much detail as possible to help you make a precise decision and get the best stick vac model for yourself.
Best Seller Stick Vacuum Cleaners
Top Cheap Stick Vacuum Models
Other Stick Vacs Reviewed
Top Stick Vac Brands and Their Usage
There are so many brands and models of stick vacuum cleaners available in the market now and it gets harder to choose which one would be the best for your home. You may ask, why should I get a stick vacuum cleaner instead of bigger ones? The simple answer is that it is able to get all the dust and dirt that might have built up on the corners of your home. These vacuum are sleeker, so they are able to clean up the place even as you don’t do major cleaning in your home. Following are some popular brands.
For over a hundred years, this manufacturer had proven to produce many high qualities yet powerful cleaning ability vacuums for home and commercial used. In fact, the high ratings customer reviews from major online stores can prove that Hoover is the brand that you can trust if you want to get a new stick vac.
To know more, here are some of the great models of stick vacuum cleaners produced by Hoover.
Electrolux is one of the global leaders in household appliances and appliances for professional as well as home use and there’s good reason to see why. Not all stick vacuum manufacturers is producing 2-in-1 stick and hand vacuums but Electrolux is one of them.
That’s why we specially write a page here to show the popular stick vac models by Electrolux.
Eureka is part of the Electrolux family of home care products, concentrating on producing vacuum cleaners and other home and commercial cleaning products. They distribute more than 130 different models under four brands: Eureka, Electrolux, Sanitaire and Electrolux Central Vacuum Systems (formerly known as Beam).
Some of the stick vacuums from Eureka can convert to handheld vacuums quickly and easily, making it simple to clean bare floors, carpet, upholstery, drapes and stairs. Click here for more info on the top models of Eureka stick vacuum cleaners.
Where To Use And For What Purposes Can Stick Vacuum Cleaners Be Used?
Definitely, these stick vacs can be used anywhere you need to use it. However, there are certain places wherein it can be used in the most effective manner, and these are listed below:
- Lobbies or Living Rooms. The first rooms to be seen by visitors and even the property owner are the lobby and the living room of a building or a house. It creates an impression to those who visits the property, so it is of utmost importance that the first room they see is clean. This means that the room must be neat and dust-free.
- Senior’s Residences. Senior citizens must always live in rooms that are free from dusts. Since stick vacuum cleaners are lightweight, they could use it by themselves without any trouble.
- In case you don’t want to sweep the floor with a broom or mop, you may use the vacuum cleaner so that you could hasten your cleaning time.
- Child’s Room. It is important that small particles be away from a child, and the vacuum cleaner would be able to do the trick for you.
- Cars/Vehicles. The interior of the vehicle can be cleaned with the stick vacuum cleaner, as it can reach the farthest parts of the vehicle that normal sweeping wouldn’t be able to reach.
Tips on Choosing a Good Vacuum Cleaner
Choosing a good vacuum cleaner is never an easy task including the stick vacuum. Luckily, here we come out with some of the important factors that you need to take into considerations when you want to get a new cleaner including lightweight machine. Ask yourself:
- What is your budget? Tight budget can even go for a refurbished unit. And remember the replacement parts cost of the machine!
- How easy you can setup and disassembling the unit? Or replacement of the filter, battery and dust cup.
- Is the height level controller and any other controls are easy to access, adjustable according to your need and use?
- To vacuum flooring, look for models with floor attachments that use brushes and/or uprights with metal bottom plates.
- To vacuum carpets, make sure the vacuum suction power is good. Also, some models are specially design to remove the pet hair.
- Do you prefer lightweight vacuum? How about get the size that is easy to store in your store room?
- If you have severe allergies or asthma, get a vacuum with a HEPA filter since it filters the exhaust air and removes 99.97% of airborne allergens.
- Will the corded vacuum trouble you plug in and out frequently? Or prefer cordless vacuum are using battery and normally last for about 15 to 30 mins.
- Product warranty periods. The longer the better. However, most models offering one to 2-year warranty.
- There are 2 types of cordless vacuum, handheld vacuum helps when cleaning furniture while stick vacuum assists when cleaning hard wood floor spills.
- Always read the customer reviews from those that had bought of a specific model or guidance on where to start, you can visit major online stores such as Amazon or Walmart.
If you are looking for lightweight cleaner like stick vacuum, the major advantages is that it’s cheaper, lightweight, and it come with cordless models for easy maneuverability. However, this type of cleaner is less powerful and the battery won’t last very long before you need to recharge the battery.
Final Decision and Recommendation
There are plenty of stick vacuum models that you could choose from. We hope that this guide can at least helping you to know the different features and what to look for if you wish to get a brand new vacuum.
So, the stick vacuum is not ideal for a heavy duty, industrial cleaning that is called for in office buildings, schools and the like where the coverage area spans thousands of square feet. If you ask which model I recommend, I will choose Hoover Linx Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
Please note that you can always go to the online stores like Amazon, Wal-mart, Best buy, etc to find all the inputs and feedbacks from actual people who have purchased a product as it tend to be valuable and helpful in helping you in making the final decision.
Also, if there is a stick vac cleaner review that you’re looking for in particular and you don’t find it on this site, I encourage you to leave me a comment or send me an email and I will try to review that stick vacuum and post it here as soon as possible. I’m going to be updating this site as often as I can, but with so many different vacuum cleaners out there, it will take me some time before I can get to each and every one of them.
So sit back, take your time, and have a look around. I hope you enjoy my site and find it to be a great resource for stick vacuum cleaners.